We want to be healthy for ourselves and for our families. We all want to be strong and centered as we move towards a clutterless life. Clutterless means life free from meaning less stuff in your life. So what type of clutter is there in our life that we need to avoid or get rid off, specially if we talk in terms of food, diets etc.
Listen to your body
You have one body so stop eating junk. If you pay attention to your body you will live with more joy than ever. Listening to body means, consciously reading the signals that your body gives about what is good or bad for yourself. How to do it? The more you learn about your body, the better decisions you will take to enhance quality and span of your life.
Here are some tips on how you can start listening to your body –
- At the start of the day write one thing that you can do in favour of your body that day. e.g an evening walk, drinking plenty of water, early sleep etc.
- Just keep account of what you eat and feel before and after anything you eat. Try it for few days. You may count calories if you wish, but it is better to watch, listen to your body and how it feels. Believe me it works…if you do it consciously!
- Meditation is the great way to listen to your body. Start practicing meditation regularly and you will start feeling the difference in just few days – it reflects not only on your body, but also on your mind and soul.
Commit to yourself and start giving your body what it needs.
Our body has self healing capacity
This body has a tremendous capacity. It is the world’s best and most complicated gadget and you should know how to handle such a gadget. Your body can heal itself but nowadays we give this control over to a doctor. Your body can heal itself but only if this process is supported with right food, environment, and physical and mental activities. Every cell in your body has it own consciousness, memory and they all are interconnected to work in a harmonious way.
- Breathing exercises are best….so do watch your breath. It is the easiest yoga you can do, so start today. A 10-15 min routine yoga is a good enough start.
- Spend some time in nature. Feel the fresh air and sun, and the surroundings, combine this with routine walk
- Eat fruits only on empty stomach – always! That how you should start your day. Try to take maximum amount of raw food in your diet in form of (fruits, vegetable salads, juices (Juices to charge up your busy day) , smoothies etc)
- There should be a gap of at least 2-3 hrs between your last meal and sleep.
- Avoid refined sugars as much as possible. More over, refined sugar is scientifically proven to be “empty calories” and a “zero nutrition”. You may want to read I quit SUGAR..
Choose the “right fuel” for the body
Fuel your body with right food. Healthy eating is about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, and stabilizing your mood. Healthy diet that not only important for your body but also for your mind. Have food consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes (beans, lentils etc.) is strongly being recommended by doctors and scientists all over the world now. Choosing right fuel (aka food) is the new way of reversing the diseases and that includes diabetes, heart related ailments, cancer, skin related issues and many more, and that brings to my next point on food. Read on…
To get rid of disease through food
Making the right food choices is key to the prevention and survival of chronic diseases and health conditions, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Today, people are struggling with many lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cancer, thyroid, heart disease and many more. Simple changes in the diet can get you rid of many such illnesses. Our diet can also have a profound effect on your health and sense of well-being. Various studies have shown that eating a diet—filled with processed and packaged meals, animal products like meat and diary ,sugary snacks— result in depression, stress, and anxiety.
Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, cooking meals at home, and reducing your intake of refined sugar may help to improve and lower your risk of health problems. If you have already been diagnosed with a health problem then you can fully reverse it through changes in your diet.
You don’t have to eat less, just eat right…..
My suggestions and tips to get rid of disease. Try these for 21 days (3 weeks) –
- Try plant-based diet ( No animal products including meat, milk and milk products, no packaged, processed and refined foods like refined sugar, refined oils, refined flours)
- 30 min physical exercise.
- Sunshine at least 1 hour
This 21 day short term experience can inspire long-term changes. In just three weeks, you will learn to break old habits, start new ones, and revolutionize your health. So, let’s get started.
It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Why not to start today?